- The Action Group, 1 Court Street, Haddington, EH41 3JD
- Full time, Part time or casual work available
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary & Casual
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
Could you be a fun, friendly, caring, energetic and motivated support worker? Our team in East Lothian works with younger adults, supporting them as they take steps towards greater independence, and we are looking for someone to join the team.
- Full and part time shifts available
- Work in local communities in East Lothian: Prestonpans, Tranent, Ormiston & Haddington
- £21,352 – £22,165 per annum, pro rata and based on 39-hour work week
- Casual hourly rate: £10.50 per hour
- Sleepover Payment of £84 per night
Our team in East Lothian supports younger people taking steps towards greater independence such as moving into their own tenancies. Typical activities on support include assisting with household chores, cooking, assisting with finances, completing paperwork, encouraging hobbies and interests, medication administration and providing personal care. The people who use our services want support workers who are friendly and can help them pursue their goals and live fulfilling lives.
Being able to drive and having your own transport would also be an advantage, but is not a requirement. If you use your own car, you would be able to claim mileage on qualifying journeys.
Support session times are varied and include daytimes, early mornings, evenings, weekends and sleepovers, and may include work in various parts of East Lothian, but we aim to have people work in their local communities where possible.
Candidates must be great communicators and problem solvers, and be fully committed to The Action Group’s values of equality, inclusion and opportunity for all. No experience or formal qualifications are necessary as paid training is provided. Many of our support workers go on to complete formal qualifications in social care.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
The application closing date for this position is Wednesday, 8 June 2022 at 09:00.
Do you have questions before applying? Send us an email to email@example.com.