- The Action Group, Norton Park Centre, 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY
- £10.50 per hour pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary & Casual
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 15 hours per week
This position has expired.
Our support workers provide individual support for people with learning disabilities and other support needs in various locations across Edinburgh.
We are currently recruiting part-time support workers to work in our Children and Adults in Transition Team in Edinburgh.
We need support workers to work part-time supporting children enjoy activities within the community. No experience is required as paid training is provided.
- Role is part-time: 8 – 20hrs per week.
- Shift pattern: week day evenings and weekends only.
- £21,352 – £22,165 per annum, pro rata and based on 39-hour work week.
- Casual hourly rate: £10.50 per hour.
- This role does not include sleepovers.
We are looking for people who are caring, fun, motivated, creative and great at problem solving. The people we support want workers who are friendly, practically minded and are great communicators. The ideal candidate will be fully committed to The Action Group’s values of equality, inclusion and opportunity for all. Many of our support workers go on to complete formal qualifications in social care as they develop their professional skills.
Our support workers work with people who have learning disabilities, autism or other support needs, helping them with a variety of tasks and activities. In this team, the successful candidate will provide support to children up to 16 years old with a variety of mobility and communication needs.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
Please note we are only able to get in touch with successful candidates
The application closing date for this position is Monday, 6 June 2022 at 09:00.
Do you have questions before applying? Send an email to email@example.com.