- Westfield Park 12 Dalhousie Road Dalkeith, EH22 3BD
- Full time, Part time or casual work available
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary & Casual
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
The people we support have told us what matters most to them is that their support workers are nice people who work well as part of a team and who are practically minded.
We are looking for people who can get the details right and genuinely care about the welfare of others.
- We have full-time, part-time and casual vacancies available
- £21,352 – £22,165 per annum, pro rata and based on 39-hour work week
- Casual hourly rate: £10.50 per hour
- Sleepover shifts are available, paid at £84 per night. Sleepovers are not counted as part of your contracted hours, and are paid in addition to your regular salary
- Location: Gorebridge, Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith, Danderhall and other locations around Midlothian
- Having a driving licence and your own transport would be an advantage
The ideal candidate would share our values of inclusion and equality, and have a person-centred approach to providing support. Experience in a social care role would be an advantage, but is not required as paid training is provided. The purpose of the role is to empower people through practical support so that they may live as independently as possible, and support workers’ tasks will depend on the individual’s support needs.
Working in Midlothian
We support younger adults individually as they take steps towards greater independence, such as living in their own tenancies for the first time. We support our people in pursuing their goals, and also with practical things such as taking care of themselves and their homes. We tailor the support we provide according to their needs, so the job can include accompanying people on outings or going shopping and also lending a hand with keeping track of money, medication and schedules. You will work in the community and with families to support people to have fun and take part in activities. You need to be energetic, creative and have great attention to detail.
Our youth group is for children and young adults with additional support needs to help them lead fulfilling, included lives through having fun, being an active part of the community and experiencing new things. The role may involve outdoor or indoor sports, arts and crafts and organising events and transport. You must have an understanding and interest in young people and their needs and an enthusiastic and positive approach to working with them.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme, with access to free legal advice and counselling
- Good annual leave entitlements
- Ongoing support, training and development opportunities
- TAG Rewards – our exclusive discounts and savings programme
- Travel time payable where applicable
- Mileage allowance where applicable
To apply, please go to our website, read the job description and complete the application form. Send your completed application pack to email@example.com.
The application closing date for this position is Thursday, 16 June 2022 at 09:00.