- 14b Haddington Road, Tranent, East Lothian, EH33 1HW
- £10.90 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 30 hours per week
East Lothian Support Workers
Tranent & Musselburgh
Earn up to £21,028.16
Various contracts available
East Lothian Relief Support Workers
£10.90 per hour
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to around 400 people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
East Lothian service supports people in Haddington, Tranent & Musselburgh.
Tranent supports 4 people, 2 within 1 block of flats and 2 outreach. The service users in Tranent are very independent so your shift could be spent with more than 1 supported person. There are no sleepover shifts in Tranent. There are good bus links connecting Tranent and the other villages in East Lothian.
Musselburgh supports 6 people in one block of flats. There is a sleepover shift which involves working 3pm - 3pm. Other shifts include 8am - 2pm, 9am - 5pm and 3pm - 9pm. There are great bus links with Edinburgh to our Musselburgh Service.
'We have a lovely team of Support Workers in East Lothian who are really supportive. Our supported people love getting outside whether that be sitting on a bench for a chat or getting involved with gardening.' - Chrissy, Care & Support Manager East & Mid Lothian
If you are enthusiastic about supporting people to live their best lives then apply now to join our team!
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will demonstrate Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable people.
- Communicate and work well with our supported people to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
- Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
Join Ark and your working week could look like this:
Monday – Get the Supported person up and ready for the day. Get the bus to the bank to withdraw money, go shopping, put the shopping away and make dinner.
Tuesday – Go for a walk with the Supported Person to their aromatherapy session. Listen to music with the supported person while you prepare lunch.
Wednesday – Get the supported person up, showered, dressed and give them their medication. Take them out to lunch followed by dance class in the afternoon.
Thursday – Get the bus into town and go clothes shopping with the supported person. Make them dinner and give them their medication. Get the supported person ready for a family visit.
Friday – Get the supported person up, showered and make them breakfast. Talk to the supported person to find out what activity they would like to do that day.
Please note all Ark’s Support Worker roles will involve some personal care.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
- Full and comprehensive training programme
- Fully funded SVQ 2 Qualification in Health & Social Care completed with the support of our dedicated in house SVQ Team
- Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
- 4% Contributory pension scheme
- £84 Sleepover Allowance
- Opportunities for career progression with over 75% of all Manager roles within Care & Support being internal promotions.
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Employee Discounts Portal with 1000s of discounts on your favourite brands including Supermarkets, Cinema Tickets and Holidays.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Fully funded PVG
- 1st year SSSC registration paid by Ark
Previous experience of the following is an advantage but not essential as Ark will provide full training: Care Worker, Social worker, Home Carer, Case Worker, Care Assistant, Autism Support Worker, Personal Care Assistant , Social Care Worker.
Ark would love to hear from you whether you are an experienced Support Worker or new to Social Care.
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694