- 16 Wellside Court, Forres, Morayshire , IV36 1LT
- £10.90 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
Forres Support Worker Part Time
£10.90 per hour
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to around 400 people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark Forres support people with a wide range of ages from early twenties to late seventies. The majority of our supported people live in their own homes independently with support. Most live in accommodation with their own flats and communal gardens and lounge area and like to live independent lives. We also have some outreach services, all have various health conditions and or learning disabilities. The support varies from 5 hours a week to 24 hours a day enabling them to promote independence, live a good life, meet outcomes and support in a person centred approach. We also support our supported people out in the community who live at home with their parents. Due to the nature of support we provide, shift patterns are extremely variable. Every day is different however a typical week may look like:
Monday – “Support to pharmacy to pick up prescription and shopping”
Tuesday – “Dart Group”
Wednesday – “Batch cooking, housework”
Thursday – “Evening Group and take away”
Friday – “Home day baking”
Saturday – “Family visit and coffee morning”
Sunday – “Meal planner and shopping list”
If you are enthusiastic about supporting people to live their best lives then apply now to join our team!
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will demonstrate Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
- Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable people.
- Communicate and work well with our supported people to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
- Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
- Full and comprehensive training programme
- Fully funded SVQ 2 Qualification in Health & Social Care completed with the support of our dedicated in house SVQ Team
- Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
- 4% Contributory pension scheme
- £87 Sleepover Allowance
- Opportunities for career progression with over 75% of all Manager roles within Care & Support being internal promotions.
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Employee Discounts Portal with 1000s of discounts on your favourite brands including Supermarkets, Cinema Tickets and Holidays.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Fully funded PVG
- 1st year SSSC registration paid by Ark
Previous experience of the following is an advantage but not essential as Ark will provide full training: Care Worker, Social worker, Home Carer, Case Worker, Care Assistant, Autism Support Worker, Personal Care Assistant , Social Care Worker.
Ark would love to hear from you whether you are an experienced Support Worker or new to Social Care.
To apply click the link below.
View our job outline here
We encourage applications from the global majority, disabled, nuerodiverse, the LGBTQIA+ community and those that feel they are underrepresented in the current Ark workforce.
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694
Job ID: FO04/SW