- 18c Southhouse Broadway, Edinburgh, EH17 8HG
- £0 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37 hours per week
Southhouse Autism Support Workers
Earn up to £21,028.16
2 x Full time posts available
Relief Support Workers
£10.90 per hour
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to around 400 people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Southhouse Autism Unit supports 3 people across 2 flats both situated within the same cul-de-sac. The supported people at this service are very active, enjoying activities like football and going on the trampoline. The focus at this service is working with our supported people to get them out into the community and helping them to develop their life skills.
There are good bus links nearby with Lothian bus numbers 7, 11 & 400 approximately a 4 minute walk from the service and Lothian buses 37 & 47 about an eight minute walk from the service.
Shifts at Southhouse Autism Unit are usually 10 or 12 hours. These longer shifts allow you to work your hours over fewer days giving you more days off.
'Southhouse Autism Unit has a charismatic group of supported people. Our established team will provide you with great support making this service a great first job in care. If you are creative and activity driven you will love working with our supported people to develop their life skills.' - Andy, Care & Support Manager, Southhouse Autism Unit
If you are enthusiastic about supporting people to live their best lives then apply now to join our team!
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will demonstrate Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable people.
- Communicate and work well with our supported people to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
- Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
Join Ark and your working week could look like this:
Monday – Get the Supported person up and ready for the day. Get the bus to the bank to withdraw money, go shopping, put the shopping away and make dinner.
Tuesday – Go for a walk with the Supported Person to their aromatherapy session. Listen to music with the supported person while you prepare lunch.
Wednesday – Get the supported person up, showered, dressed and give them their medication. Take them out to lunch followed by dance class in the afternoon.
Thursday – Get the bus into town and go clothes shopping with the supported person. Make them dinner and give them their medication. Get the supported person ready for a family visit.
Friday – Get the supported person up, showered and make them breakfast. Talk to the supported person to find out what activity they would like to do that day.
Please note all Ark’s Support Worker roles will involve some personal care.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
- Full and comprehensive training programme
- Fully funded SVQ 2 Qualification in Health & Social Care completed with the support of our dedicated in house SVQ Team
- Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
- 4% Contributory pension scheme
- £84 Sleepover Allowance
- Opportunities for career progression with over 75% of all Manager roles within Care & Support being internal promotions.
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Employee Discounts Portal with 1000s of discounts on your favourite brands including Supermarkets, Cinema Tickets and Holidays.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Fully funded PVG
- 1st year SSSC registration paid by Ark
Previous experience of the following is an advantage but not essential as Ark will provide full training: Care Worker, Social worker, Home Carer, Case Worker, Care Assistant, Autism Support Worker, Personal Care Assistant , Social Care Worker.
Ark would love to hear from you whether you are an experienced Support Worker or new to Social Care.
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694