- 10A Constitution Street, EH6 7BT
- £11.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37.5 hours per day
This position has expired.
Senior Care Worker Job Description
Are you looking for a progressive career in care industry? We are currently looking for Full- time, permanent Senior Care Workers to join our Care at Home Service. A service
that enables our clients to remain in their own homes and in the community with adequate support and help minimise risk of long-term care or hospitalisation. The support provided ranges from activities of daily living to instrumental activities of daily living.
Baal-Perazim understands that staff is crucial to the quality of service delivered. To enable us to meet this need, we are looking for senior carer workers who are compassionate, kind, and empathetic with relevant senior experience in care and have acquired SVQ 3 Level or equivalent. Baal-Perazim provides free comprehensive on-going training to help meet on- going professional development.
Qualifications and Skills
SVQ 3 or equivalent. At least one year of experience in a similar role is essential. The candidate must hold a valid, full driving license.
- Baal-Perazim is a Living Wage Employer
- Paid per shift not as per contact
- Full-time contract with 37.5hr per week.
- Working hours: 07:00-13:00 and 16:00 - 22:00
- Working pattern with every second weekend off
- Pension with employer contribution (option to opt out)
- Free uniforms: 2 x T Shirts and Fleece Jacket
- Supervision and support
Responsibilities and Duties
- To work along care workers while monitoring staff performance
- Mentoring new staff and ensuring delivery of high standards of care
- To ensure person-centred care plans are provided and implemented to the required
- standard and updated as required.
- Assisting service user with personal care, washing and dressing, meal preparation
- Administering medication.
- Moving and handling, using equipment where required.
- Promoting service user health and well-being
- Contribute to risk assessments ensuring that these are carried out as appropriate.
All candidates must have effective communication skills, verbal and written because Baal-Perazim uses Home care systems to monitor and record progress notes. Successful applicants are required to be SSSC and PVG Registered.