- Huntly, AB54 8TS
- £10.45 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
At Balhousie Care Group we call our staff Everyday Heroes – and with good reason. They’re making a difference to our residents every single day. They’re also carving out careers for life.
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and 1500 staff; Balhousie is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care. As well as award-winning care home teams throughout Scotland, we boast a stunning HQ and highly skilled support staff.
These are fantastic opportunities to join our award winning business, based at our impressive Balhousie Huntly Home in Aberdeenshire.
We are looking for Care Assistants who have relevant experience and who are motivated and focused on learning and developing to allow for progression in their care careers, at a time of expansion at the site.
We have full time and part time posts, with days and nights available. Flexible bank contracts are also on offer.
Our shift patterns are typically 8am-8pm / 8pm-8am.
Balhousie Care Group’s core values are integral to how we operate, and that starts with recruitment. So before you apply, ask yourself:
Are you someone who is seen as a TRUSTED colleague?
Do you always ensure you are RESPONSIVE to the needs of others?
Do you have the potential to be an INSPIRING influence to colleagues and residents alike?
Are you keen to work within care and PASSIONATE about making a difference to the lives of others?
To assist in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve required standards. To ensure Residents retain their dignity and individuality. To be involved in the general activities of the Care Home / Unit.
Click the link and watch our short informative video detailing what the role entails: https://youtu.be/TCQocpkpAC8
- Ensure Residents’ individual needs are met through effective care planning and review. Using our new Samsung devices with PCS (Person Centred Software) to electronically record completed tasks etc.
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Home
- Carry out regular checks on Residents at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
- Provide care and support as identified in care reviews and care and support plans, as directed by senior Staff Members
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate effectively with Residents, colleagues, Managers and others
- A commitment to a service which provides support to vulnerable individuals, and which is respectful and according to the individuals wishes
- Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- Experience of working in a care/support setting (desirable)
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have an excellent range of staff benefits including shopping and holiday discounts, free health and legal advice, and access to free counselling services.
Join us now in a career that makes a difference.