- Earn House, Broxden Business Park, Lamberkine Drive, Perth, PH1 1RA
- £26,000 - £32,000 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week
This position has expired.
At Balhousie Care Group we call our staff Everyday Heroes – and with good reason. They’re making a difference to our residents every single day. They’re also carving out careers for life.
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and 1500 staff; Balhousie is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care. As well as award-winning care home teams throughout Scotland, we boast a stunning HQ and highly skilled support staff.
As a Senior IT Engineer, you will be responsible for working alongside the IT Manager to maintain and manage the IT infrastructure within the company. Ensuring all homes and sites have connectivity and functioning IT equipment. Also when required, support all users with any issues, either remotely or by visiting the site to resolve the problems. Identify & drive continuous improvement with internal & external stakeholders in response to the changing needs of our IT proposition.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Manage and Maintain the Network within the company to ensure maximum uptime
* Remotely support all users to resolve any issues.
* Visit remote sites to provide onsite support
* IT Helpdesk
* Liaise with other departments on IT input for projects
* Manage Servers
* Desktop support
* Support for Bespoke systems
* Cover for IT Manager when out of business
* Various Reports edit and design
* Support the IT Manager with IT projects, planning through to implementation
* External horizon scanning for IT solution to meet our business current and future business needs
* Internal and external stakeholder management to deliver the IT proposition
* Continuous improvement
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Good Communication skills
- Worked with windows operating system windows 7 onwards
- Worked with windows servers 2008 r2 onwards
- General Computer knowledge
- Problem Solving Skills
- Knowledge on various Microsoft applications support
- Willingness to learn and adapt to bespoke systems
- Troubleshooting and Problem resolution
- Computer Networking and infrastructure.
- Management and organisational skills
- Prioritising and effectively managing workload
- Installation of equipment
- Valid driving licence as travel to remote sites is part of this role
- Project Management for IT
- Supporting Various Application packages such as (Adobe Etc)
- Basic understanding of cyber security
- Project Management
- Apple and Android Mobile Devices
- Cabling/ Cable Management
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have an excellent range of staff benefits including shopping and holiday discounts, free health and legal advice, and access to free counselling services.
Join us now in a career that makes a difference.