- Clackmannanshire Women's Aid, Greenfield Lodge, Parkway, Alloa, fk10 2as
- £10.99 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 21 hours per week
This position has expired.
Job title: Business Support Officer
Hours: 21 hrs per week can be worked flexibly
Salary: £20,000p.a. pro rata
Reports To: Director
Clackmannanshire Women’s Aid is a registered charity which exists to provide information, support and refuge for women, children and young people who have been subjected to or are still experiencing domestic abuse. Our vision is a world without domestic abuse, that it is a possibility and that changing attitudes, will change lives.
- Provide business services and administrative support for Clackmannanshire Women’s Aid which delivers services to women, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse.
- Contribute as a team member to meeting the aims and objectives of Clackmannanshire Women’s Aid.
- Provide clerical business services support to the Director, Board and the staff team. It is essential that this post has an understanding of confidentiality at all levels of operation across the organisation. The role involves office-based administration and financial tasks including: assisting in the preparation of agendas, minutes, letters and reports for the Board and other SMT meetings; typing documents, reports, letters, memos, etc. using Microsoft Word, Excel Power Point and Outlook; preparing forms, files and service user packs; manual filing; photocopying, management of mail and maintenance of finances and keeping records as required using Xero and Excel.
- Receive and check deliveries into the main office.
- Assist in opening confidential mail and its distribution or filing.
- Ensure effective communication and co-ordination within the team and in liaison with other agencies.
- Checking info@ email account or recruit@ email account, website, answering machine messages daily. Ensuring re-routing, where necessary, of correspondence and phone calls.
- You will be responsible for your own workload, administration and record keeping.
- Assist in the organisation of internal and external meetings using MS Teams, Zoom, Doodle Polls and or MS Outlook.
- Maintain databases and keep records/statistical information using Microsoft Excel applications, update office records, refuge, women and children’s information packs and files.
- Work with the external Finance Services Provider to ensure quarterly management accounts and a finance report is produced for the Board and to assist in Board meetings with notes and actions. [Training will be given.]
- To open, prioritise and oversee all incoming mail and take responsibility for outgoing mail.
- Reconcile bank and financial transactions, certify invoices for payment & process expenses for staff. [Training will be given.]
- To maintain, develop and manage computer & paper-based filing systems.
- The day-to-day management of stationery, office supplies, refreshments for staff & service users.
- Administer social media accounts when necessary.
- Actively support the SMT in promoting a high-quality service, complying with appropriate legislation, regulations, policies and procedures. Demonstrate commitment to updating knowledge and skills through training and development.
- Perform other duties as reasonably directed.
Directly Working with Service Users
- To provide a welcoming and warm first point of contact for all visitors to the Office, ensuring rooms are set-up, diaries for appointments are up to date and that survivors and visitors have a safe and supportive experience when they arrive.
- To take responsibility for directing people to the right place, ensuring procedures for signing in and out are followed and helping staff to secure the help of other services needed e.g., translation services.
- To work, and interact with service users, in a way that acknowledges a gender-based analysis of Domestic Abuse as outlined by the Scottish Government and Scottish Women’s Aid.
- To receive new service user referrals to the service.
- To field calls coming into the organisation.
- To respond appropriately in crisis situations to any service users who approaches the service in need of help and support.
Ensuring Standards for Service Users
- You will be responsible for keeping yourself informed of Clackmannanshire Women’s Aid Policies and Procedures.
- You will be required to undertake basic domestic abuse training, child protection and adult protection training and GDPR training during your induction period.
- You will identify and participate in training and continual professional development and assist your line manager in understanding your training needs.
Person Specification: Business Support Officer
Qualifications, Training & Relevant Experience
- Good general level of education - Essential
- Experience working in an environment requiring similar knowledge and skills. - Essential
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse issues or capacity to acquire such an understanding - Desirable
- Use of Xero or similar - Desirable
- Experience of working in the charity sector - Desirable
- Administration qualifications - Essential
- Experience of working as part of an office environment and part of an administration team - Essential
- Ability to work with standard office equipment and IT systems working with Microsoft Office or similar - Essential
- Experience of working with and Using MS Teams and Zoom - Desirable
- Good written and verbal communication skills - Essential
- Organisational and IT skills appropriate to level and type of job - Essential
- Ability to prioritise and work within teams to achieve shared objectives - Essential
- Comfortable with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and able to update social media accounts - Essential
- Committed, effective, cooperative. - Essential
- Acts with integrity and respect when working with individuals and agencies - Essential
- Able to form effective working relationships with service users and colleagues - Essential
- Drive and determination to provide the best possible services for women, children and young people - Essential
- Commitment to the values of Clackmannanshire Women’s Aid - Essential
- Occasional evening working - Desirable
- Membership of PVG or willingness to join - Essential
- Full driving licence & access to own transport - Desirable
- Ability to have business user motor insurance as you will be using your own car for business use - Desirable
To apply, please send two page cover letter and CV
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £10.99 per hour