Regional Support Co-ordinator
- 2000 Academy Park, G51 1PR
- £21,500 - £22,368 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
What makes Community Integrated Care a great place to work?
Benefits & USP’s:
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing learning and development
• Work for a multi award-winning Charity that invests all it profits right back into the people we support, our workforce and our local communities
• Contributory pension scheme
• You'll be working in a small team managed by a supportive leader
• Access to a free app offering retail discounts, leisure savings and holiday and travel discounts
• Employee of the month award and other recognition schemes
• Free Employee Assistance programme available 24/7, providing a wide range of financial, legal and consumer services, as well as counselling, life coaching and career guidance
• Mental health support through our everymind app
• Colleague Inclusion Networks where individuals with shared experiences and their allies can help raise awareness, provide support, celebrate communities and promote positive change, greater inclusivity and equity within the workplace
• Financial support options to help in times of hardship using our Wellbeing Fund and our partnership with the Care Workers Charity
• Employee Representatives (GameChangers) to help raise and action issues within the organisation that are important to you
• Recommend a Friend bonus scheme
• We pay for your disclosure check!
• We are based in Dumbreck, so no need to be a car driver however, there is staff parking available at our office if required
• 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) – pro-rated for part-time staff
• Good work/life balance – option for a 4-day compressed working week enabling you to plan ahead!
Community Integrated Care is one of the UK’s largest health and social care charities. We work hard to enriching the lives of people with many different care needs. It’s exciting and rewarding work, and we’re full of pride and passion for what we do.
Since the early days, we’ve grown to provide many innovative and bespoke care services to thousands of people across England and Scotland. We want to provide support based on the principles of choice, dignity and respect. This resonates in our vision of ‘Your Life, Your Choice’ and our strategy ‘Best Lives Possible’.
We have strong values and we’re proud to pioneer new ways of delivering social care to stand out in our sector. In the past two years, we have won or made the shortlist for over 100 national and regional awards!
Who you’ll be supporting & more about the role:
Community Integrated Care is currently seeking 2 Regional Support Co-ordinators based in Glasgow who will support our Scotland region services.
The purpose of the role is to coordinate systems, processes and administrative duties within the services providing support to managers in terms of purchasing and supply, collation of reports and coordination of training. You will also be the first contact for enquiry management, offering professional and efficient customer service to both internal and external customers.
While this role is predominantly office-based, there may be the opportunity for occasional work from home days and a 4 day working week option after a successful period of time.
One role will be for 37.5 hours per week and the second role can be flexible (between 25 - 37.5 hours per week)
Proficient in MS Office applications and with excellent IT skills, we are looking for a problem solver with excellent multi-tasking abilities and a proactive, innovative approach to completing work. Flexibility is extremely important, as the requirements of the role can change at short notice.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential as well as an ability to take the lead on task completion activities with minimal supervision and the ability to work as part of a team.
Previous experience or knowledge of the social care sector would be highly desirable but is not an essential requirement.
It is also important that you share our company values which are at the heart of everything we do and ensure that we deliver high quality, consistent care and support.