- Kilmarnock, KA1 2NP
- £11.50 per hour fte
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 40 hours per week
This position has expired.
- Are you interested in developing your career in social care?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity available now.
Senior Home Carer required to work throughout East Ayrshire paying £11.50 per Guaranteed Hours Contract, must be an experienced Home Carer/Social Carer ideally with an SVQ3 (or willingness to work towards this), minimum SVQ2 preferred.
This position is guaranteed hours’ contracts* we have full time and part time posts available with an option to pick up additional hours if required. This post requires flexibility in the appointed persons working approach; you will be required to work a mix of dayshifts, backshifts, splits-shifts, plus weekend & on-call working.
What our Senior Home Carers do…
The main purpose of this role is to support the office function, by reviewing and monitoring our Home Carers who enable and empower our clients to live independently in their own homes. As a Senior Home Carer, you will be expected to champion our care services by conducting planned and unplanned spot checks, monitor policy, process and paperwork compliance levels, shadow train new recruits and work closely with our Service Users and their families to collate and update personal care plans.
Another important part of this job is working alongside the Care Manager and Coordinators to identify any staff training needs and work together to ensure concerns or additional requests for support by our staff, clients or their families are met and the high standards of care which we are proud to promote are provided at all times.
Whilst we envision most of your working hours will be during office hours, our Senior Carers will be responsible for on call commitment and delivering hands on care in the community to cover any staff holidays, sickness and business growth within the service, which will be paid at an additional rate where applicable.
At Constance Care, part of the CCHC Group, we are big on developing our teams. There are many opportunities for rewarding career progression within the care sector, from delivering hands on care to managing a team of care staff, we believe in investing in, promoting and developing our internal talent.
We value our dedicated, hardworking staff so in return for all they do we offer:
- Competitive hourly rates staring from £11.50 per hour
- Additional on-call payments*
- Paid mileage
- Set shift patterns/runs for care continuity, meaning you will be able to build & maintain rapport and trust with your service users, as well as always knowing when you are working in advance, to plan life outside of work!
- If you have the ability to work our shift patterns below, we offer regular consistent hours and opportunities to work extra when you see fit in this growing sector.
- Company mobile phone & app to automate work tasks & ensure your safety when working in the community
- Comprehensive in house & SVQ training with ongoing support – We’re with you every step of the way!
- An excellent employee benefits package encompassing discounts in high street & online stores, discounts on holidays (abroad or staycations), supermarkets deals and exclusive financial, health and wellbeing support for you and your families*
- 28 days’ annual leave (pro rata)
- Employee referral bonus programmes of up to £200*
- Company Uniform and full PPE provided
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme*
Our clients are predominantly frail Elderly, people with Dementia and Adults with life limiting conditions, mental health conditions or physical/learning disabilities. We support our clients by following each agreed person centred care plan, assisting them with washing, dressing, toileting, oral hygiene, continence care, medication support, domestic support and much more
Sound good? If you are an adaptable person with a genuine interest in helping people live a full and independent life, then reach out today for an immediate telephone or face – face interview.
Hard, rewarding work and oodles of job satisfaction await – do you have what it takes to make a difference?
To apply, please submit application now or call the Recruitment Team on 0141 847 4535
*** Driving Licence and access to a vehicle essential**
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer/ all posts are subject to Disclosure Scotland PVG vetting
*terms and conditions apply / Gender specific requirements are permitted under schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010