- Corbenic Camphill Community, Trochry, Dunkeld, PH8 0DY
- Negotiable up to £40,000 per annum
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week
This position has expired.
Corbenic Camphill Community, Trochry, Dunkeld
“Sharing Life, Living Well”
Corbenic Camphill Community is an inspirational charity and home for adults with social, emotional, and learning disabilities. We provide exceptional day and residential care in beautiful surroundings near Dunkeld, Perthshire where every member of our community is valued and respected in line with our own and Camphill values.
With a newly formed Board and strong Senior Leadership Team this is an exciting time to be joining Corbenic as our new 5-year strategic plan and business objectives are rolled out to support our growing community.
Job Description & Person Specification
Role: Facilities Manager
Salary: £40,000 pro rata(negotiable up to £40,000 p.a. depending on experience and qualifications)
Reports to: Community Director
· General facilities management, and presentation of the built environment
· General project management of refurbishments, new facilities, and small-scale construction
· Facilities staff & budgets management
· Vehicle fleet & staff accommodation management
· Facilities contingency planning and emergency procedures
· Energy consumption, tariff and energy contract management
Job Summary / Goals
· As facilities manager, you'll be responsible for the management of all buildings/properties services and processes to ensure Corbenic Camphill Community (Corbenic) provides a place that is safe, secure, functioning, appropriate and welcoming for its residents and staff to live and work. The key goal is always to meet the needs of our residents and staff, with high quality and timely responses.
· A high level of integrity and professionalism must be demonstrated and maintained at all times.
· You'll be involved in both project planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to building fabric and building services.
· You will be well organised and able to implement systems and promote new procedures.
· You will supervise a small team and be able to prioritise and delegate work to others.
· Active financial management of Facilities spending to keep within agreed annual budget limits.
· You will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, and as such will play a key part in driving the Corbenic operation forward.
· You will understand and support Corbenic’s core values and aims and provide any further support that is necessary to our operation as directed by the Community Leader.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
As facilities manager, you will need to:
· prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors
· project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors
· investigate the availability and suitability of options for new premises and services
· calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
· Assist with planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives
· manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
· direct, coordinate and plan essential services
· ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
· keep staff safe
· plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises
· check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
· coordinate and lead one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility
· use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
· respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
· Line manage staff to motivate them and support them to maximise their productivity
· Be competent with Facilities budgets and financial record keeping and reporting
· Provide the community with their requirements for vehicular transportation and staff accommodation
· Closely monitor energy use and calculate re-billing of utilities to site-resident staff, and lead on projects to reduce energy consumption