- Corbenic Camphill Community, Trochry, Dunkeld , PH8 0DY
- Hourly Paid post - income varies
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- 9 hours per week
This position has expired.
10pm - 7am. We are looking for relief waking night staff to join our team providing and filling the gaps where needed. Hours available will vary depending on need. No minimum requirement of hours for this post.
Sunday - Thursday £12.50 per hour
Friday and Saturday £15.05 per hour
Purpose of the Job: To provide high quality care specifically to residents with learning disabilities during the night time.
House Co-ordinators and the Care & Support Management Team
· To provide care through the night, checking residents at regular intervals according to their care plan.
· To respond promptly to call for assistance while respecting at all times, the privacy, dignity and choice of the residents.
· To write the accurate, clear and timely entries in the night record for each resident.
· To receive the handover report from the day staff and to present a report of the night to the day staff on shift, alerting the day staff to any changes or concerns
· Experience in the field of disability and/or care work preferably with individuals who have learning disabilities.
· It is essential that you have good communication skills and the ability to provide care in a respectful and appropriate manner whilst also maintaining and upholding the resident’s dignity.
· That you are motivated and confident to work alone, and able to recognise when to summon help.
· That you are committed to establishing a relationship with the residents whereby you can inspire the resident’s trust and respect in you thereby creating the foundation to manage any challenging behaviour.
· A compassionate and caring nature, ability to show empathy and patience for residents with poor communication skills; yet also able to be firm and confident in setting boundaries for appropriate behaviour.
· Willingness to participate in training relevant to the post including appropriate SVQ qualification.
· Ability to provide good written and verbal reports and updates.
· Have or be willing to gain SSSC and PVG membership