- Threshold Glasgow Unit 5, Building 5 - The Doge's Templeton Business Centre, Bridgeton Glasgow, G40 1DA
- £21,749 - £23,169 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Here at Threshold in Glasgow our goal is to increase self-esteem and help to reduce social isolation by supporting families to maintain communication.
By providing administrative support to our team you’ll make a big difference to the service we offer. Confident with Microsoft Office, you’ll have previous administrative experience and an understanding of financial processes. In return, you can look forward to ongoing training and development - not only so you can do a great job, but to help you build your career with us too.
There’s also a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer contributory pension and generous holiday allowance.
If you would like to talk to someone about the types of opportunities we have, or have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The postholder is deemed to have significant responsibility in a complex and demanding environment providing full administrative support to Service staff and management. This will require a considerable amount of autonomous working to ensure the efficient running of the Service Office on a day-to-day basis.
- To have overall responsibility for the day to day processing of all financial matters within the Service.
- To anticipate any problems in the Service’s budgets e.g. cash flow and where possible resolve these issues ensuring the Service Manager is kept up-to-date on the budget position.
- To process invoices timeously in line with CrossReach’s financial procedures.
- To manage the service’s petty cash.
- To accurately record the service’s income and expenditure in the format detailed in CrossReach’s financial procedures.
- To provide the Service Manager with regular up-to-date information on the service’s budget.
- To work with the senior team to ensure that employee timesheets are submitted within the specified deadlines.
- To collect and arrange payment for service user’s bills as required.
- To record and issue service user’s personal allowances and handle personal finance matters.
- To complete monthly reconciliations and submit them to the Finance Section within the agreed timescale.
- To regularly complete the service’s banking transactions.
- To process expenses through the Finance Section.
- To process donations as set out in CrossReach’s procedures.
- To liaise with external agencies such as the Council, Social Work Department or lawyers as required to carry out the duties of the role.
- To provide administrative support to any member of the staff group when required.
- To photocopy documents as requested.
- To oversee Administrative Assistants on a day-to-day basis providing appropriate support and guidance.
- To establish and efficiently maintain a filing system, ensuring that all filing is kept up-to-date.
- To provide reception service when required. Where appropriate, deal with enquiries from, and provide information to, visitors or callers to the service.
- To draft and type, minutes, reports and letters as required by staff within the senior team.
- To deal with Service Users queries, involving their Key Worker if necessary.
- To deal with requests for application packs, issuing application packs and making the necessary arrangements for interviews in line with CrossReach’s procedures.
- To open and sort mail and frank and post the service’s mail on a daily basis.
- To manage the distribution of stock within the service and when required re-order stock through CrossReach’s recognised suppliers.
- To maintain information leaflets on the service, ensuring that they are in the corporate style.
- To accurately maintain employee and client records as requested by a member of the senior team.
- To organise meetings as required by the senior team taking responsibility for organising diaries, booking venues, making travel arrangements and when required taking minutes.
- To communicate with staff within the service or in Regional and Head Offices when necessary to seek or pass on information.
- Any other duties which may reasonably fall within the parameters of the post.
- Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
This post requires you to complete a Standard Disclosure and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience of working with financial information is essential and a sound understanding of Financial procedures as they relate to the job.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft packages, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc).
- Accurate typing skills are essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative and work within agreed deadlines.
- Be able to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation as well as people from external agencies.
- Good organisational skills are essential.
- A warm and friendly manner is essential as well as a professional attitude as the postholder will have contact with service users, their carers and other professionals.