- Whinnieknowe Mill Road Nairn, IV12 5EN
- £24,770 - £25,541 per year salary is pro rata of 38.5 hours per week.
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 22.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Are you committed to providing high quality care to older people by co-ordinating, leading and supporting a team? The role involves managing day to day tasks and auditing to ensure compliance with our quality standards.
Working for CrossReach can provide opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Our welcoming team will support you to achieve an SVQ level 4 in Social services and Health Care and open the door to other development opportunities.
We all have something in common, that is we will all grow older. In CrossReach we want to ensure that those who need a service are surrounded by people who want to care and can help to bring a smile to someone brightening their day, improving their quality of life.
This work can be challenging as well as fulfilling. As an organisation your wellbeing is important to us. We have benefits package which includes a generous pension.
Salary is pro rata of 38.5 hours per week.
If you would like to talk to someone about the types of opportunities we have, or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Care Team Supervisor will, through responsible Christian leadership, operate as a senior member of staff within the service responsible for the overall support of service users and the efficient management of his/her own working team. In addition, he/she will be required to contribute to achieving the highest professional standards of social care practice and for ensuring that quality standards are met.
- To be responsible for the assessment, planning, co-ordination and development of service provision to service users.
- Promote equality for all individuals.
- To act as a key worker for designated service users. Compile, monitor and review care plans in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- To create a culture of open communication based on trust.
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of staff as required.
- To be responsible for the direct supervision of staff and holding formal supervision and ADP meetings in line with policy.
- To ensure that CrossReach’s HR & OD policies are implemented and understood by all staff within the team.
- To undertake or facilitate the assessment of staff for SVQs and/or the supervision of students from local colleges or schools.
- To be responsible for the planning and allocation of work carried out by staff.
- To assist with the identification of staff training needs.
- To assist in service based induction training, ongoing training within the unit and be accountable to the unit manager for the training and development of team members.
- To participate in staff meetings.
- To assist with all aspects of personnel management including absence management through supervision and involvement in discipline and grievance investigations as required by the Service Manager.
- To assist the Service Manager/Deputy in the promotion of services and to maintain close working relationships, as required, with all relevant professionals involved in the support of clients, maintaining effective communication and co-operation with relatives and friends of clients.
- To provide management cover in the absence of the service manager/deputy e.g. ensure that there is an adequate and appropriate staffing complement and be responsible for the safety and security of the building.
- To undertake responsibilities in relation to Health & Safety as delegated by the Unit Manager.
- Implement Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
- Contribute to the management of Stressed and Distressed behaviour.
- Promote communication with service users.
- To provide support to service users consistent with the aims and objectives of the service.
- To ensure that a safe, secure and supportive environment is created for individuals.
- Contribute to the health, safety and security of individuals and their environment.
- Promote the wellbeing of all service users within a professional Christian framework in a sensitive caring manner affording them dignity and respect.
- Contribute to person centred planning and ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Liaise with professional/other organisations with and/or on behalf of service users the support service and CrossReach.
- Preparation and auditing of Care Plans.
- Be involved in service audit processes as delegated by senior management.
- To be responsible for particular specific duties as directed by the manager/deputy.
- The senior care worker may be required to undertake occasional “sleep-in” duties.
- To demonstrate and share Christian love and support including sharing with others the leading of worship in accordance with CrossReach policy and by ensuring all staff meetings are opened with prayer and Bible reading.
FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT
To assist the manager as required in the preparation, management and monitoring of the annual operating budget.
To ensure that client’s records are maintained in line with CrossReach’s financial policy.
Contribute to the maintenance of systems to gather, record and store information/data.
ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN QUALITY STANDARDS
To assist the manager and deputy in the formulation of long and short term plans.
Work as a member of the management team to ensure that priorities outlined therein are met.
Assist the manager and deputy in evaluating unit aims and objectives.
An SVQ 3 in Social Care is essential.
Ability to complete PDA supervision, PDA medication, SQV 4 and workplace assessors’ award.
As we do our work in Christ’s name the job you have applied for requires you to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos. This is an Occupational Requirement under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards and criteria for registration.
Skills and Abilities
Postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.
Experience in the caring sector.