- Morlich House 11 Church Hill Edinburgh, EH10 4BG
- £19,873 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
Could you be a team member providing service users with a pleasant homely environment? Working to ensure the smooth running of the service this might be in the kitchen, dining room, laundry or general housekeeping tasks.
Your job is important here and it’s something that everyone notices right from the start. There are two different areas within this role that will include working in the kitchen, laundry and you may be occasionally be asked to work in the house too. You will definitely be working as part of a close-knit team where your positive approach to maintaining a good standard of housekeeping will be valued.
If you’ve worked in a care setting before that’s great, but we’re more interested in how you’d help us continue to make our residents lives as pleasant as possible. And if you’re interested, we’ll make sure that you have all the training and development you need, not only so you can do a great job, but to help you build your career with us too.
You can also look forward to a benefits package that includes an employer contributory pension and generous holiday allowance.
Salary is pro rata of 38.50 hours per week (30.00).
If you would like to talk to someone about the types of opportunities we have, or have any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
As a member of the staff team the Housekeeping Assistant’s role is to help ensure that the service user’s life is made as pleasant as possible, through ensuring that all parts of the unit are kept in a clean and hygienic state.
- To ensure the level of cleanliness throughout the property complies with CrossReach standards.
- To assist other staff members in all aspects of housekeeping, as directed by senior staff.
- To work at times as directed by a senior member of staff, or on a rota system.
- To assist service users in maintaining their personal space within the unit, as directed by a senior member of staff, and in accordance with the service user’s personal plans.
- To assist new staff in acquiring knowledge and skills related to housekeeping tasks.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings.
- To participate in staff training.
- To undertake appropriate Health & Safety training.
- To participate in the evaluation of standards within the service.
- To ensure that the housekeeping tasks are completed satisfactorily and in a manner which complies with CrossReach’s standards.
- Be aware of issues in relation to control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
- The post holder will be expected to undertake other relevant and reasonable duties as required by senior management.
Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
No direct experience is necessary although work in a previous care setting would be an advantage.
The postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.