- Cumbernauld, G67 1BP
- £10.80 per hour (subject to ballot)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 10 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
CHILDEN AND YOUNG PEOPLES SERVICES - AFTER SCHOOL HOURS AND WEEKENDS
CUMBERNAULD / AIRDRIE / BELLSHILL AREAS
UP TO 10 HOURS PER WEEK PERMANANT CONTRACTS
DRIVING LICENCE AND CAR WITH BUSINESS INSURANCE PREFERRED
Are you interested in working for an award winning social care charity?
Personal Assistants (Support Workers) have the most important role within ENABLE Scotland by making a positive difference every day to the lives of the people we support. No two days are the same for our Personal Assistants but what we can guarantee is that you will be supporting someone with a learning disability to achieve their goals and outcomes – whatever they may be!
Each child or young person we support has different support needs, so your support worker role may include assisting them with various aspects of personal care, moving and handling or positive behavioural support whilst expanding their social connections and life skills.
ENABLE Scotland creates a bespoke team around every individual we support, and our team of Personal Assistants work collaboratively to ensure the safety, wellbeing and aspirations of the people we support are met.
The Best in You Brings Out the Best in Me
The children and young people we support have many varied interests and hobbies and have many of the same dreams and aspirations as any other child/young person; they just too often do not get the opportunity to experience these same opportunities. If you will enjoy supporting them to play sports, go swimming, go shopping or just go to the park, we want to hear from you!
ENABLE Scotland needs you and your values to help us create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
You don’t need experience in care to start your social care career with ENABLE Scotland. We recruit people based on their values and transferrable skills. Wherever your journey has taken you up until now, join us, and together we will forge a new path in what could potentially be the most rewarding role you have ever had!
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to adapt your communication style in order to develop successful and enjoyable relationships with the people we support.
- The commitment to work with individuals through their personal support plans to ensure people achieve their goals and outcomes and celebrate their successes.
- A positive and flexible outlook to your work, and be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
- A driving licence and access to your own vehicle insured for business use is required. Mileage expenses will be paid.
If this is, you, then please click the link to apply now. Please give us as much detail about you to allow us to carry out our bespoke matching service.
We believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Person Centred approaches, planning and thinking
- Introduction to autism
- Epilepsy awareness
- Moving and Handling
- Adult support and protection
- Child support and protection
- First Aid
- Positive Behaviour Support
We also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:
- Health cash plans providing a wide range of health benefits to help people cover the cost of their everyday health care.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loans
- Generous Refer A Friend scheme
- £1000 Qualification Payment for successful applicants who hold a SVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care or equivalent
Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
Note: The successful applicant will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of their start date.
*terms & conditions apply for £1000 Qualification Bonus