- G4 Flemington house, 110 Flemington Street, Springburn, G21 4BF
- £11.29 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 9 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Established in 2000, Good Morning Service is a multi award-winning charity providing a unique telephone befriending and safety-net alert service to older people.
We have supported clients to be – and feel – connected, safer and valued by providing social, emotional and safety-net alert support 365 days a year.
Telephone Befrienders are our greatest asset. They are thinking, skilled and caring individuals and we're looking for someone special to join our team.
As a Telephone Befriender you will make Good Morning Calls at a pre-arranged time to our client base. Over time, you will build knowledge and trust in order to build a long-term and meaningful relationship with someone, whilst remaining professional.
Managing a case load, you will try to locate a client if our Good Morning Call remains unanswered. You will alert a contact person if the client´s safety cannot be verified. When appropriate, you will escalate to a supervisor before alerting the Emergency Services.
This post is based in our offices in Springburn for the initial 6 month training period. Thereafter a hybrid system on working from home and office can be offered.
You will be caring, hard-working and an organised person. You understand the needs of vulnerable people, can focus on personal outcomes and adopt and an asset-based approach to their support.
You have an Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training and Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid certificates, or, experience in supporting people with poor mental health and well-being.
You are computer literate, including being able to video conference, and enjoy working in a busy office environment.
- To engage in the assessment, care and support of vulnerable people
- To build trust and meaningful relationships with clients via the telephone
- To maintain an accurate record of client care
- To signpost / refer clients to other agencies for assistance when appropriate
- To follow emergency procedures if the client's safety cannot be verified
- To undertake skills and awareness training as required
- To promote the service within the community
- To undertake general office administration and cleaning duties
- Any other duties which the Management Team or Board of Trustees deem reasonable to pursue the objects of the service