- Broadmeadows, Symington, KA1 5PU
- £10.80 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
This position has expired.
Sessional Support Workers
Location: Various locations throughout Ayrshire, details listed below.
Salary: £10.80 per hour.
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Do you want to support people to thrive in life and achieve their goals?
As a leading Social Care provider, at Hansel we focus on breaking down barriers faced by people with additional support needs, creating inclusive environments, opportunities, and choices to enable people living in Ayrshire to live independent and fulfilling lives. We provide a range of personalised support choices to over 600 people each year.
Our Sessional Support Workers provide flexible cover to support our customers and residents at our services across Hansel with all aspects of daily living, including personal care, social, leisure and recreational activities and helping to develop meaningful relationships and establish links in the local community.
We are now recruiting for Support Workers to join the sessional lists in:
- Crail and Wilson Small Group Living Service (Female Only*), Broadmeadows, Symington (2301CW)
- Courtyard Residential Service, Broadmeadows, Symington (2301CYD)
- North Ayrshire Supported Living Service, North Ayrshire Community Based (2301NASL)
- Shawburn Residential Service, Prestwick (2301SB)
This is a great opportunity those who have recently left college with a Social Care related qualification or those who perhaps have no practical or academic experience but can evidence that their values match those of the organisation or for experienced Support Workers looking to take on a new challenge, and that they are motivated to work flexibly, supporting our customers in their lives. If you believe every person has something unique to offer and you have a genuine passion for making a difference in people's lives we want to hear from you.
The flexibility to work a rota that includes days, evenings, nights, and weekends is essential in all the roles.
Essential criteria for the post include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team working, problem solving skills
- The ability to support people in a person-centred way to offer choice and promote inclusion
- A commitment to the enhancement of social inclusion opportunities for people with additional needs
- An enthusiastic attitude to developing skills in Social Care
- Respect for diversity and values in line with Hansel
- The ability to attain registration with regulatory bodies
- Basic IT Skills
In return we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 32 days annual leave (pro rata based on hours worked), sleepover allowance (currently the equivalent of £10.02 per hour) plus other benefits including a 24/7 employee assistance program, full induction and comprehensive ongoing training and personal development opportunities.
Full details of all our vacancies can be found at our company website.
These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.
*Qualifies under the Equality Act 2010