- North Ayrshire, KA20 3LR
- £10.80 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
Salary: £10.80 per hour
Service: North Ayrshire Supported Living Service
Hours: Various hours available (full time and part time)
Location: North Ayrshire Community Based
North Ayrshire Supported Living Services provides a range of supports for adults with learning disabilities or autism to live in their own homes and access their local community.
Our service supports people with additional needs/autistic spectrum disorder to achieve their hopes and goals, and to improve their quality of life through achieving greater levels of independence. We empower customers to achieve and realise their dreams and aspirations and to engage with and make contributions to their communities.
We are now recruiting for a number of Support Worker posts. This is a great opportunity for experienced Support Workers looking to take on a new challenge, those who have recently left college with a Social Care related qualification or those who perhaps have no practical or academic experience but can evidence that their values match those of the organisation and that they are motivated to work flexibly, supporting our customers in their lives. If you believe every person has something unique to offer and you have a genuine passion for making a difference in people's lives we want to hear from you.
A driving license along with flexibility to work a rota is essential for these posts including days, evenings, sleepovers, and weekends.
Other essential criteria for the post include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team working, problem solving and delegation skills
- The ability to support people in a person-centred way to offer choice and promote inclusion
- A commitment to the enhancement of social inclusion opportunities for people with additional needs
- An enthusiastic attitude to developing their skills in Social Care
- Respect for diversity
- The ability to attain registration with regulatory bodies
- Basic IT skills
- 32 Days Annual Leave
- Ability to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Sleepover Allowance (currently the equivalent of £10.02 per hour)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance program including counselling, GP advice, virtual doctor and legal advice
- Induction training, comprehensive ongoing training and personal development opportunities
- Refer a Friend Reward Scheme
- Access to a Credit Union
- Access to shopping discounts
These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.