- Dundee, DD21EG
- £10.02 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
We provide a range of support services across Dundee. Providing support to individuals with learning disabilities and those who are experiencing mental health issues and substance misuse.
Our staff provide support to individuals within their own homes, on an outreach basis and within our twenty four hours per day, seven days a week services.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Deliver a high standard of care for individuals in line with their care plans;
- Provide support to individuals with day to day living in order to help people achieve positive outcomes in life;
- Support individuals with tasks such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting and attending various appointments;
- Provide support and encouragement to enable individuals to participate and enjoy leisure and social activities.
- Have a positive and flexible outlook;
- Be a good communicator, both written and verbal;
- Have good time keeping and organisational skills;
- Be able to demonstrate transferable skills relating to care;
- Have the right values, behaviours and attitude to work effectively with individuals who need care and support;
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, the equivalent qualification, or have the ability and willingness to work towards this;
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- Savings Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Generous Mileage Allowance
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Free access to online discounts for well-known retailers
- Death in Service Benefit (up to three times your salary)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (great savings from 25% - 39% on bikes and accessories)
- Tech Scheme (great savings of up to 12% on computers or laptops)
Experience of working in a care role is not essential as full training will be provided.