- Arbroath Road, Dundee, DD4 6EP
- £10.02 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) Registration Fees Paid!! (Scottish Government pilot initiative)
Hillcrest Futures Student Support service offers care and support to students studying at Dundee and Angus College, Dundee University, Abertay University, Perth College and Highland and Islands University (Perth Campus) and supports students with learning disabilities, mental health issues, physical disabilities and Individuals on the autistic spectrum.
We assist students in their learning process to achieve their full learning potential by providing a person centred and tailored made support service to suit the individual support needs of students.
The service is accredited with the National Autistic Society.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Be involved in supporting students to get to college, providing support in classes with tasks such as scribing, breaking down tasks to aid understanding, support with time management, study planning and giving reassurance when anxious.
- Be required to support students with personal care.
- Be required to complete and maintain the necessary paperwork relevant to the students and will be expected to perform a keyworker role.
- Have a positive attitude to learning and be committed to working in a person centred way.
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be highly motivated and flexible in relation to start and finish locations.
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or have the willingness to undertake study to achieve this.
- Full PVG costs paid
- Savings Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Generous Mileage Allowance
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Free access to online discounts for well-known retailers
- Death in Service Benefit (up to three times your salary)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (great savings from 25% - 39% on bikes and accessories)
- Tech Scheme (great savings of up to 12% on computers or laptops)