- Finavon, Dundee, DD4 9HY
- £11.05 - £11.33 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) Registration Fees Paid!! (Scottish Government pilot initiative)
Dundee Housing with Care service is recruiting Senior Support Workers for a new service based in Fintry. Providing care and support to adult residents with underlying health conditions and, or Learning Disabilities. The service provides a range of support to meet the needs of the individuals and enable them to stay in their own homes for as long as they wish.
As a Senior Support worker, you will:
- Delivering a high standard of care and support for individuals in line with their outcome plans;
- Providing support to individuals with day to day living in order to help people achieve positive outcomes in life;
- Supporting individuals with daily tasks including; cooking, cleaning, intimate personal care, prompting and administration of medication;
- Providing support and encouragement to enable individuals to participate and enjoy leisure and social activities;
- Support and provide development for staff in their roles of supporting individuals throughout their stay and to enable them to move on to suitable accommodation outcomes.
- Share Hillcrest Futures Values;
- Be a good communicator, both written and verbal;
- Be organised with good time keeping skills;
- Have the ability to lone work and be able to work as part of a team;
- Be flexible in respect of shift patterns as these will include; early mornings, evenings and weekends;
- Have an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care and also either hold an SVQ3 in Health and Social Care or have the willingness to undertake study to achieve this.
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- Full PVG costs paid
- Savings Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Generous Mileage Allowance
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Free access to online discounts for well-known retailers
- Death in Service Benefit (up to three times your salary)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (great savings from 25% - 39% on bikes and accessories)
- Tech Scheme (great savings of up to 12% on computers or laptops)