- 2 Castle Street, Montrose, DD10 8AB
- £9.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
Our Angus Homecare Services provide personal care and housing support to individuals, most of whom are elderly, who live in their own homes.
We provide support to individuals who may have physical disabilities and, or mental health issues.
In your role as Support Worker, you will provide care and support to individuals in their own homes including:
- Assisting with household tasks including shopping, cooking and meal preparation;
- Assisting and supporting with personal care (including intimate personal care);
- Moving and handling (including use of hoists and equipment);
- Medication prompting.
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Have the ability and initiative to work on a lone working basis;
- Have good time keeping, time management and organisational skills;
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or have the ability and willingness to undertake this qualification;
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post.
- PVG costs paid in full
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Generous mileage Allowance
- Free core training provided on site
- Savings Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Organisational Recognition and Reward Scheme
Please Note: A Driving Licence and use of a vehicle is essential to the position of Support Worker with Angus Homecare – Applicants who do not drive will not be considered for interview.