- 18 The Rumlie, FK1 3HJ
- £9.71 - £9.95 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
Kingdom Support and Care CIC (KSC) is a Community Interest Company, a private company limited by shares and a wholly owned subsidiary of Kingdom Housing Association (KHA). We are an accredited Gold in Investors in People and a Living Wage Scotland employer.
KSC supports over 300 people throughout Fife and Falkirk, providing high quality and personalised support and care designed to meet individual needs and desired outcomes.
We provide support to people with a range of needs in their own homes, including those with: learning disability, autistic spectrum disorder, complex needs, mental health issues, age related needs, homelessness, drug and alcohol addictions.
The support and care provided by KSC is flexible, responsive and person-centred support which assists people to live their lives as they wish and to enable them to meet their desired outcomes.
About the Role
In this role, you will be an integral member of the support team contributing to and ensuring the high quality of care and support for individuals within the Slamannan Service.
Within the Slamannan Service specifically we provide flexible support to individuals within their own homes who have learning disabilities, mental health conditions, Autistic Spectrum Conditions or a combination of these.
Our role is to support and develop these individuals to enable them to live as independently as possible within the community. Whilst the role can be challenging due to these complex needs, it offers excellent job satisfaction due to the value of the support you provide. The service and support we provide is built around the individual, taking on board their needs, choices and aspirations.
Although the staff base for this service is in Slamannan, service users are located within the Slamannan, Falkirk and Stenhousemuir areas.
We are looking for upbeat, confident and energetic individuals who have the desire and drive to support people to have the best life possible. You must be aware of professional boundaries and possess a great sense of humour to be able to get the most out of working within this service.
You will provide support and participate in activities so energy and initiative is vital. Alternative communication skills and the ability to to help empower these individuals is key to success.
You must be flexible in your approach to work, and although we are able to offer a variety of working hours, as we provide 24/7 support. There is a need for staff to be able to work all shifts patterns which consists of days, backshifts and sleepovers. For those that cannot commit to set working hours we offer bank hours. We aim to issue rotas in a timely manner to allow work / life balance.
- Full funding and support towards an SVQ qualification in Care.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Enhanced entitlements for other types of leave.
- A free, confidential employee counselling service.
- Discounted Fife Gym membership.
- Working within an organisation where its people matter.
- Staff development is encouraged, with 60% of senior staff being from internal promotions.
- Promoted learning and development internally and externally.
- Coming soon….access to employee discount scheme to major retail outlets, restaurants and hotels.
- A current driving licence, business insurance and the use of a car for work purposes are desirable for this role.
- This post is subject to a PVG Disclosure check. The cost of membership lies with the applicant.