- 23 Eildon Street, EH3 5JU
- £17.50 - £18 per 4weeks pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 33 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Eildon House is a small and unique care home supporting a maximum of 21 older adults in the Cannonmills area of Edinburgh City. Eildon is easily accessible by bus and has a lively local community with access to Botanic Gardens, cafe's and restaurants within an easy walking distance.
We are looking for a staff nurse to join our team to support our clients to fulfil their own goals, wishes and needs. The main duties include;
- Medications administration
- Care planning and liaising with GP's and other professionals
- Recognising changing support needs and supporting the residents and their plans appropriately
- Clinical experience in care of the elderly including wound treatment and management, diabetes management and supporting people who live with dementia.
- Support to maintain friendships and bonds with families
- To be involved in the local community, access local groups and events
- Use our electronic system to accurately document care notes for the people we support
- To maintain training standards and continuously develop skills to best support the residents
The attributes we look for in our team include;
- Friendly, kind and passionate
- Willingness to learn and develop, supported by the home and other MDT agencies.
- Organised and proactive
- Registered Nurse with an active NMC PIN
- Previous experience in care and support of older adults