- Various locations across Midlothian, EH22
- £10 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
This position has expired.
Reporting to: Service Manager
Location: Various locations throughout Midlothian, to meet clients and service needs but every effort will be made to keep workers within their local area.
Job areas and responsibilities
1. Delivery of support
Companionship and Help at Home Care Workers will provide support to individual clients in accordance with the individual’s personal plan in order to deliver positive outcomes for the individual and meet changing needs and choices.
Support may be provided with social needs, practical tasks, some personal care and broader support to ensure the client’s wellbeing.
1.1 Support to promote wellbeing
Examples of support to promote wellbeing may include (but are not limited to):
- Linking clients to other forms of support in the community
- Life story / reminiscence
- Support to participate in local community
- Support to carers.
1.2 Practical support
Examples of practical support include (but are not limited to):
- Dusting, vacuuming, general cleaning
- Making beds
- Washing up
1.3 Support with personal care
Examples of support with personal care that may be required are help with dressing, washing, preparing meals/support to eat and drink and prompting the taking of medication.
- Effectively communicate relevant information to the Service Manager and/or other members of the support team regarding any changes in the individual’s support needs.
- Work in partnership with all members of the team to ensure any changes in a client’s health, needs or wellbeing are reported on a ‘need to know’ basis.
- Deliver a high-quality service without discrimination based on a person’s race, disability, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation or any other aspect of an individual’s background which may be used to justify unfair treatment and in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
- Ensure when adult support and protection issues are disclosed or suspected, that these are reported in line with policies and procedures.
- To communicate with and recognise family carers as part of a person’s care team.
- Report to the Service Manager any concerns, complaints or suggestions for improvements raised by clients and carers.
- Communicate sensitively and in an appropriate manner with clients and carers.
- Maintain clear, concise, and legible client records according to organisational policy and procedures.
3. Personal Development
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous personal development and learning.
- Attendance at team meetings.
4. Qualifications and Experience
It is essential that a candidate’s personal values base incorporates care, dignity and respect as stated in the SSSC Codes of Practice for Social Services Workers.
It is desirable that candidates should have relevant experience in a related field or other personal experience.
5. Additional Information
Prior to any unconditional offer of employment being made requires McSence to have the following compliances satisfied:
- Receipt of satisfactory references covering last 3 years
- Satisfactory PVG check
- Compliance with Asylum and Immigration Act 1996
- Confirmation of professional registration (where applicable)
To Apply: Please find our application pack below and email firstname.lastname@example.org