- Glenrothes, KY7
- £22,106 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
Make a positive difference in someone’s life by joining The Richmond Fellowship Scotland in our Fife services and helping support the people who need it most in our communities!
We currently have several vacancies available in Glenrothes and surrounding areas. Some posts cover surrounding locations such as Auchtermuchty, Thornton, Kettlebridge, Cardenden, whilst some may be based in Glenrothes itself only. We have part time, full time and bank contracts available. Some posts are for day shifts only whilst other posts also include sleepover shifts (sleepover payments included) and waken night shifts on a rotational pattern. Please note that these posts are offered on a shift pattern basis and will include some weekends and public holidays. Due to the nature of our services in this area, we can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid full driving license (manual) and access to their own vehicle. You will be paid for your travel time while on shift and there is also a 45p per mile fuel allowance.
We have shift patterns to suit your availability as a part time or bank staff member. Please feel free to contact us on 07884602630 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your availability.
You do not need to have worked in care to apply as we will invest in your qualifications and provide full training through our award-winning learning & development team prior to starting.
About the Role:
Your responsibilities as a Support Practitioner could include:
· Social Support- Assisting individuals to engage with their communities by planning and attending outings to various clubs and leisure activities such as day centres, bowling, cinema, swimming etc.
· Medical Support- Administering and monitoring medication.
· Personal Care- Assist people to maintain their wellbeing by promoting their personal care which would include assistance with showering/bathing, dressing, arranging visits with professionals such as dentists, doctors or opticians, assisting with incontinence care.
· Practical Support- Helping people to maintain their tenancy by encouraging daily household tasks such as general housework, laundry, ironing, cooking, shopping.
-TRFS rewards scheme (cash-back and discounts at various retailers)
-Refer a Friend scheme- £150 bonus!
All successful Support Practitioner applicants will be given a conditional offer- this is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references, PVG and a Covid-19 related risk assessment.
Closing Date: 28th October 2022 (We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time)
PVG checks will be required of all successful applicants; having a conviction will not necessarily debar you from working in this sector.
Please note that Care Workers are absolutely critical to the social care needs of the community. Therefore, the Scottish Government will cover the cost of PVG checks till 31 March 2023.
As part of our compliance checks, all candidates will be asked, if successful, to undergo a risk assessment based on underlying conditions due to Covid-19.
All new staff members will be required to register with the SSSC within 6 months of their start date.