- Edinburgh, EH11 2HW
- £40,433 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
We have a fantastic internal only opportunity within The Richmond Fellowship Scotland for a Team Manager to join our Edinburgh services.
As the Team Manager, you will be responsible for creating effective relationships with stakeholders, as well as ensuring The Richmond Fellowship Scotland is effectively represented within key partnership forums. You will contribute to the strategic development and management of existing services, ensuring they meet and exceed regulatory requirements, while assisting the Area Manager to develop and implement strategic planning in line with the programme of continual development in both practice and policy.
We currently deliver services to adults with a wide range of both children and adults whose support needs include Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviour, Complex Needs, Alcohol & Drug misuse, Positive Behaviour Support and Forensic Support. Therefore it is desirable that you have had previous experience in this environment and will work closely with our Positive Behavioural Support Team in relation to the latter.
You will provide dynamic leadership to the Senior Support Worker team, and staff teams focusing on measurable quality outcomes for both the staff teams and the individuals supported and regular cover of the on call service is essential.
The successful applicant will have relevant experience in:
- The management of Complex Learning Disabilities, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Mental Health services
- A proven history of managing support for individuals within a Positive Behavioural Support framework
- Successfully and confidently leading a significant team of staff and working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary context.
- Managing financial matters in relation to a Service of this size or similar - Being able to manage a budget for the area and take corrective action, where appropriate.
You must have:
- A minimum of 2 years management experience in a relevant field;
- An SVQ Level 3 qualification in Care or an equivalent while SVQ Level 4 in Care/Management is desirable; and
- A Professional development Award within Positive Behavioural support or a willingness to undertake this.
In return we offer:
- An excellent training programme
- The chance to gain accredited qualifications for PBS
- Excellent terms and conditions - including continued professional development
- Pension scheme and excellent annual leave entitlement.
- Access to TRFS Rewards Scheme - A company discount scheme offering discounts for the high street and online shopping.
Please apply below and let The Richmond Fellowship Scotland work with you to progress your career and help provide the best possible care and support to the individuals we support.
Closing Date: 25th October 2022 (We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time)
PVG checks will be required of all successful applicants; having a conviction will not necessarily debar you from working in this sector.
Please note that Care Workers are absolutely critical to the social care needs of the community. Therefore, the Scottish Government will cover the cost of PVG checks till 31 March 2023.
As part of our compliance checks, all candidates will be asked, if successful, to undergo a risk assessment based on underlying conditions due to Covid-19.
All new staff members will be required to register with the SSSC within 6 months of their start date.