- fk10 3sa, FK10 3SA
- £34,500 - £37,000 per year pro-rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
Senior Finance Assistant
Finance and Corporate Affairs
Head Office, Alloa / Remote Working
37 Hours per week
Salary: £34,500 on appointment; £35,000 on confirmation; £37,000 Advanced development
Scottish Autism seeks to promote and provide care, education, support and opportunities for people with autism of all ages throughout Scotland. We work tirelessly to create a world where autistic people are understood and enabled to lead meaningful, fulfilling and happy lives as valued members of the community.
A key expectation of everyone who works for Scottish Autism is that they live and breathe our values; Collaboration, Change Makers, Compassion and Contribution. Our values come into play throughout everything we do at work – how we work together, and how we deliver services to the people we support and to the people we work alongside.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Finance Assistant to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will play a lead role in delivering effective financial control, reporting, systems and processes.
In this role you will:
· Be accountable for the delivery of core finance processes (monthly, quarterly and annually);
· Produce accurate and on time monthly management and KPI reporting for all areas of Scottish Autism in line with the reporting timetable;
· Provide advice and guidance to a team of Finance Assistants;
· Assist with the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and supporting information for the external audit
The successful candidate will:
· Instinctively have a collaborative approach to working, actively seeking to contribute to the collective success of the team
- Be customer focused, with a passion for understanding customers’ needs and going the extra mile to meet those needs
- Be a change maker, always looking for ways to improve processes and service levels, and to add value
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Have the ability to prioritise work, work under pressure, switch between tasks depending on priority, and to operate to tight deadlines
- High level of analytical skills
- Be highly motivated and adaptable
You will have a recognised accounting qualification with a strong competence in specialist accounting systems. Previous experience of system optimisation and process improvements within a financial accounting and control environment is essential.
Scottish Autism offers you:
- 32 days holiday (which increases with your length of service)
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme
- Workplace Pension
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure check.
Scottish Autism is a smoke free organisation. Our aim is to protect the Health and Wellbeing of our employees and the individuals we support by providing a smoke free environment.
Closing Date: 8th December 2021
Interview Date: 14th December 2021
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of our vision, mission and values.
Registered charity number is SC009068.