- Whim Hall Care Centre, EH46 7BD
- £10.30 - £10.70 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 33 week per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Senior Care Assistant- Residential Care Home – Days - Perm - £10.30 per hour
Whim Hall Care Centre - West Linton - EH46 7BD - 01968 678434
Hours available 22 to 44 part or full time.
Bank Hours are available on a flexi work basis - you cover the shifts you are available to cover.
St Philip's Care is dedicated to providing outstanding care to our clients which is why we are an award winning company and have been named 'The most outstanding care group in the UK' and ‘ The most outstanding Residential Care Management Team in the UK
Are you an experienced Carer or Senior Carer looking for a new position in an Elderly Care Home near West Linton?
Job Role: To support the Manager in the overall management of the home.
Assume responsibilities of the Manager in his/her absence. To create an environment which respects the rights and wishes of the residents and to encourage person centred care and maximises independence.
The successful person will be joining a close-knit, friendly team who offer a quality service.
As a Senior Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
• Understanding and providing the requirements for “normal” health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
• To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
• To participate in holistic caring activities.
• Care for all clients’ needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
• Ensure a system is in place that promotes residents participation in the planning and reviewing of care.
• To be responsible for the care planning process, maintaining appropriate medication and care delivery for a designated group of service users
• To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
• Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
• Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition
• Report to Manager any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors
• To attend any in-service training arranged as part of staff development and mandatory training, which is a legal requirement
As a Senior Care Assistant it would be desirable to have:
• NVQ 3 /MA L3 in Health and Social Care or working towards it.
• Previous experience of as a senior in a Residential Care or Nursing Home.
• A Passion for Care of the Elderly.
• Experience of Medication Administration
Benefits of working with the St Philips Family
- A supportive, inclusive, friendly working environment
- The opportunity to progress and gain further qualifications “learn while you earn!”
- 4-weekly pay periods
- Full training given
- Paid induction and shadow shifts
- E - Learning incentive scheme
- Paid holiday
- Flexible opportunities to fit around your life
- Rewards scheme for all staff
- Refer a friend bonus scheme worth £100.00
- To be part of the St Philip’s Care family across the UK
- The chance to change lives
Please follow the link to apply or email Manager.email@example.com