- Duns, Berwickshire, TD11
- £10.83 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Streets Ahead (Borders) is a charitable organisation based in the Scottish Borders. We provide care and support to adults to lead great lives. Most of the people we currently support have learning disabilities or mental health problems.
We’re recruiting Support Workers in our Duns and East Berwickshire Service and while some experience would be an advantage, we are equally keen to support people to develop the skills required. All training will be provided. Willingness to undertake an SVQ level II qualification is necessary and if you have enthusiasm, commitment, a good sense of humour plus the ability to work with people with a disability in a positive, honest manner then we would like to hear from you.
We are an accredited Disability Confident organisation and we encourage applications from all members of the community.
About the role:
· Provide support to people to live safely and as independently as possible in their own home and in the community.
· Support people to achieve personal growth and meet their full potential.
· Provide guidance and practical help in all aspects of day-to-day living, e.g. assisting with budgeting, cooking and cleaning
· Support with personal care and mobility issue, whilst promoting self-esteem, independence, dignity and respect.
· Support people to participate in their hobbies and interests and to be active in the community.
Full-time or part-time posts are available. Applicants should be flexible in their approach to hours of work, as staff may be required to work a range of shifts including regular weekends, sleepovers and waken nightshifts. A valid driving licence would be desirable although not essential.
Any offer of employment will be conditional on a satisfactory Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check and two satisfactory references.
Come and work with us – and help people to live great lives!
If you feel you have the skills and enthusiasm to join our dedicated team, application packs can be downloaded or completed online from our website www.streets-ahead.org.uk/work-for-us/. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our head office on 01450 377924 for more information or to request an application pack
· 6% employer pension contributions
· Flexible working
· Free PVG registration
· Opportunity to gain a SVQ level II qualification
· Life insurance
· Bike-to-work scheme
· Refer-a-friend scheme
· Company sick pay scheme