- Slateford, EH11
- £22,084 per annum (FTE) rising to £24,377 FTE) plus generous benefits package, including a £500 welcome payment
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
Our Wellbeing Practitioners support people to lead full, active and socially connected lives, supporting people to achieve the things that matter to them.
Applicants should have, or be willing to work towards, a qualification meeting the standards required for registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
We are looking for a female to join a well-established team of Wellbeing Practitioners (support workers in a self-organised team) to support a young woman living independently in her own home.
This position is for 30 hours per week, and the woman lives in Slateford, Edinburgh. Sleepovers are part of the service too.
A driving license is essential for this position.
*Exemption under Equality Act 2010
About this opportunity
I am an active individual and would like someone enthusiastic, active, approachable, and confident to join my team, who would support me with living the life to the fullest through doing the things I really enjoy. These comprise of walking, music, art and craft, visiting the zoo, going to horse riding. I am also looking forward to getting back to swimming, going to the theatre, seeing pipe bands, and going on holiday again, when circumstances allow. I do have epilepsy and need assistance with my mobility, personal care (dressing up and showering), administration of medication, and general daily living tasks such as, cooking, shopping, cleaning etc. I have my own communication style and use only a few words, but I can make myself heard and eventually understood which becomes easier once you get to know me. Although I have been building my strength in this respect recently, I require constant assistance with walking, and I have also a wheelchair, that I use when necessary.
I am looking for:
- Someone who is flexible, patient, who can take the initiative and is able to multitask when circumstances require this. I am supported 24/7 and the shift pattern usually involves 9- hour shifts followed by sleepover and 8 hours next day (e.g., 1pm-10pm, followed by sleepover then 7am- 3pm). Sleepover is paid in addition to your contracted hours. Further, the team uses on-call system. You are expected to be on call on different days than shifts and days vary on a rota basis. Therefore, flexibility and ability to help cover extra shifts and help with team member holidays when needed, is crucial.
- An individual who is up for sharing responsibilities equally and learning on the job, is a good fit. In addition, the successful applicant will have opportunities to develop their own skills and knowledge through Thistle Learning from Induction Training through to SVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care. A Wellbeing Practitioner is much more than just a support worker’’ – it is a career which makes a difference.
- A confident driver who would be able to take me out in my own car to various activities, meetings, and to visit the remote places in nature which I love, every day.
- My team works with me in self-organised way which involves supporting me to live life to the full, whilst meeting my personal needs. Self-organised Teams manage other tasks such as rota planning, support planning, and recruitment which can be learned on the job with support from a coach and others, if required.
- Basic computer skills are desirable to deal with administrative tasks, which involves taking minutes, updating, and creating documents, carry out audits and using Microsoft Teams and Access System, although support and training for this is available from a Team of IT trainers from Thistle’s Hub
If you would like an informal chat about this vacancy please contact: Ksenia.Wironska@thistle.org.uk
Job ref: RF221