- 38 Castle Street, AB11 5YU
- £18,086 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 26 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
VSA is Aberdeen's oldest not for profit social care organisation. The work that we do directly changes the lives of vulnerable children and adults living across the North East of Scotland.
For over 150 years we have been at the forefront of changing vulnerable children and adults’ lives for the better. With significant changes happening in the social care sector over the next few years, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Recruitment professional to apply for the role of Recruitment Coordinator as part of our HR, Learning and Development Directorate.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy, fast paced team, on a Part-time, Permanent contract and in return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits. The preference for this role, would be to work 5 days a week (Monday to Friday), however we are happy to discuss variations of this with the successful candidate.
The Recruitment Team is a small, friendly hard working department, where we pride ourselves on demonstrating innovative thinking, and where eagerness to perform to a high standard is key. As a department, the goal is to maintain a high standard of service, support and expert advice to our managers, ensuring the delivery of high calibre candidates in support of their service.
Hours: 26 hours per week
Salary: £18,086 per annum
Location: Aberdeen, Castle Street HQ
We offer our staff fantastic benefits including:
- Company pension
- Employee assistance programme
- Generous annual leave
- Refer a friend programme - Receive £200 when you introduce a family member or friend to VSA,
- Investment in your personal development and career through our learning and development programmes,
- Access to our employee discount scheme
Purpose of the role:
To Facilitate and manage the end-to-end recruitment process for a variety of roles across our care services, accurately processing recruitment data in accordance with agreed procedures and guidelines utilising the Applicant Tracking system.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributing towards the effective coordination of recruitment procedures, collating and distributing material and communicating effectively and appropriately with individuals, within the recruitment process, according to agreed procedures and timescales
- Managing high volume of vacancies, effectively communicating with relevant individuals on the timescale of on boarding
- Contributing to the development of recruitment procedures, in response to internal and external factors, optimizing the use of resources, including technology.
- Coordinate and conduct Competency Frame work Interviews, proposing suitable candidate to relevant Heads of Departments.
- Contributing to the effective implementation of vetting procedures in accordance with regulatory codes of practice and legislative requirements.
- Contributing to the development of an effective monitoring system in respect of VSA’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Coordinating and monitoring processes relating to the integrated HR/Payroll system to ensure the production of accurate and meaningful HR, Training, and Payroll data needed to underpin strategic interventions.
- Effecting the communication of appropriate HR information for both Intranet and Newsletter purposes.
- Managing own time and resources effectively to meet needs of department/organization, taking responsibility for own personal/professional development.
- Contributing towards monitoring compliance with health, safety, and security requirements in workplace.
- Any other reasonable duties which may occur from time to time, including the provision of cover for HR colleagues when necessary.
Educated to ‘Higher’ level or equivalent.
Experience/Training in the use of Microsoft Office.
Experience in a busy Recruitment Coordinator role, working to deadlines, and processing a high volume of data accurately.
Experience of Health and Social Care recruitment procedures.
Communicating with general public.
Knowledge of and interest in IT systems.
Good interpersonal skills; team player
Attention to detail
If our Recruitment Coordinator role sounds like you, then click “Apply” below and start your career journey with VSA today!