- aberdeen, AB11 5YU
- £10.02 - £10.21 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
The application page will open in a new window.
VSA is a well-respected local social care charity, helping support the people of Aberdeen for over 150 years. Our mission is to provide the best of care to enable the best of lives; supporting individuals and communities to fulfil their potential.
VSA provides vital support and services to people of all ages. At VSA we support a person’s physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing through a range of residential and outreach support Services.
Working in social care is a hugely rewarding career, and you can help change the lives of vulnerable children and adults. At VSA, we are looking for motivated and compassionate individuals to join our team.
VSA have an exciting opportunity available to join our VSA Connect Service as a Support/Care Worker based in Aberdeen. This will be a part-time or full-time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
Our VSA Connect Service provides vital practical, emotional, social and mental wellbeing support to people living across Aberdeen, we can assist those who need it with some much-needed respite within their own homes. The service is designed to empower our service users to take control of the type of support, care and respite service they want that meets their needs, lifestyle and the way they want to live their life.
In this rewarding role, you will provide a professional, caring and effective service to our service users. Any prior experience would be welcome but is not essential as full on the job training will be provided. You must however be willing to undertake an SCQF Level 6 in Social Services and Healthcare (or equivalent) if you do not already hold one.
Salary & Benefits:
- Hours: flexible hours per week, mainly afternoon shifts.
- Rota: This role offers flexible working, rotas are reviewed on a fortnightly basis, we will be taking the lead from successful candidates on the hours/ days they are available to work.
- Location: We require staff in the following areas:
- Miltimber, Culter, Mannofield & Hazelhead
- Rate: £10.02 per hour (unqualified) or £10.21 (qualified)
- Sign on Bonus: £500 subject to T&C's
We offer our Support/Care Workers fantastic benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Holidays
- Sick Pay Scheme
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Ongoing professional development
Purpose of Job:
To contribute to the provision of quality services to meet the needs of service users, according to agreed VSA standards, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating effectively with individuals according to agreed standards and procedures, accessing and updating records in keeping with guidelines.
- Helping to provide a safe and protective environment by complying with health, safety, and security procedures, including medication, and reporting accidents/incidents when appropriate.
- Supporting service users in their daily living, according to their recognised and agreed needs, providing personal care where necessary, adhering to practices which promote well-being, choice, and treating people with dignity and respect.
- Assisting service users in developing and maintaining social networks and relationships.
- Assisting and encouraging service users to develop skills and knowledge to live as independently as possible, if appropriate, with reference to the risk assessment process.
- Participating in the development, implementation and review of personal plans with service users.
- Supporting service users appropriately when they experience a significant life change or loss.
- Developing one’s knowledge and practice continuously through participation in training and development activities.
- Carrying out any other tasks from time to time, provided they are reasonable and within the postholder’s capabilities.
- Have awareness and work within internal control systems in your area to facilitate improvement in the quality of service provided.