- 26 Leith Walk, EH6 5AA
- SCP 19–22 (£20,265 – £21,936 per annum) pro rata (£4632 per annum)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 8 hours per week
This position has expired.
About the role
Our Support Workers at Your Home Rapid Access service help to end homelessness through providing a high-quality visiting support service for people who are at risk of becoming or are homeless.
The part time role is working 16 hours on alternate weekends, 8 hours Saturday and Sunday.
We would love you to apply for this role if...
- You are guided by the Ypeople values and committed to creating an environment that promotes inclusiveness.
- You have SVQ level 3 H&SC/HNC or SCQF equivalent (or willingness to work towards)
- You have an understanding of issues surrounding homelessness and rough sleeping.
- You have experience of working with vulnerable people
You would love to work in this role if...
- You are passionate about advocating on behalf of those we support
- You will take pride in ensuring effective case management is undertaken.
- you will be informed about providing advice on a range of subjects including housing options and welfare benefits
- You are excited to work in an organisation that celebrates your participation and offers you development opportunities
What you will be doing
- Actively practicing person centred support planning, unconditional positive regard and taking a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) approach.
- Arranging and facilitating key work meeting to develop and review support plans in collaboration with service users to meet their individual needs.
- Developing life skills with those we support including how to maximise income, budgeting, shopping, cooking, home maintenance & repair and any other skills that aid to independence.
- Assisting those we support in their transition from the Rapid Access service to more suitable accommodation.
- Providing advice on a range of subjects including housing options and welfare benefits
- Working 16 hours Saturday and Sunday on alternate weekends
Full details can be found in the job & person specification in the Application Pack