- Strathisla Children’s Centre, Banff Road, KEITH,, AB55 5GT
- £22,542 - £24,500 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
We are looking for an Assistant Service Manager to join our team in Keith.
We are looking for applicants who currently hold, or are working towards, a BA Childhood Practice or equivalent. Applicants will need to have knowledge and understanding of Pre Birth to Three and Curriculum for Excellence and be able to enhance this with quality assurance, monitoring, observations and self-evaluation.
You will be expected to provide high quality, flexible childcare for families. You will oversee the operation of the service to the highest standards, ensuring that the best possible environment and care are provided for young children. Contributing to ensuring that the service meets the Registration and Inspection requirements, including promoting high quality through the provision of, and taking part in, appropriate team monitoring and training.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for and to oversee the day to day management, staffing, and organisation as well as the smooth running of the service.
- To develop and create a welcoming, family friendly environment. Promoting and delivering high quality childcare in accordance to the services policies and procedures
- To be a member of the management team and to contribute to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of the service.
- To be responsible always for high standards of care and education of children attending the service in accordance with statutory requirements.
- To ensure effective communication between the team and all partner organisations. Good communication would also be required with the Management Team across FCSS.
- To order and maintain equipment and resources in the nursery.
- To be responsible for admissions in line with the admissions policy agreed by the management team and Local Council.
- To keep accurate registers and up to date records of all children using the service, this would also include giving regular feedback to parents about their child’s development and progress.
- To be responsible for organising training and monitoring in the service for all colleagues.
- This list is not exhaustive and gives a general overview of the position.
- To have, or be working towards, a relevant professional qualification as stipulated by SSSC for Manager role.
- Registration or the ability to register with SSSC at manager level.
- Experience of working with families including handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work on own initiative with excellent organisation and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills including IT, written and verbal communication and Report Writing.
- Proven team member.
- Experience of working with colleagues on a practical level, including HR issues.
- Specialist Knowledge – Early Years’ Experience, HGIOELC, Realising the Ambition: Being Me, GIRFEC, Pre-Birth to Three, Curriculum for Excellence, First Aid, Food Hygiene, Infection Control and Benefit Risk Assessment.
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Improvement Planning.
- Industry Experience – Knowledge, understanding and practical experience of Day Care for young children, child development and working in partnership with parents and other professionals.
- Experience of staff supervision and appraisals.
- Experience of staff recruitment.
- Experience of interagency work.
- Experience of working with children 0-5.
- Period of appointment: The appointment is permanent
- Confirmation of appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a 3 month probationary period and receipt of PVG Scheme membership/update information.
- Salary: £22542 per annum
- Hours of work: 35 per week
- Holidays: 37 paid days pro rata including Public Holidays
- Pension: The FCSS Pension scheme is a Flexible Retirement Plan, with The Pensions Trust. On appointment you will be automatically enrolled but following a qualifying period you may increase your contributions. Where an employee pays a minimum contribution of 3% of salary, FCSS will make a 7% contribution.
- Training and Support and Supervision: You will receive induction training and frequent support in the first three months. Thereafter you will receive monthly individual support and supervision and annual appraisals. Regular team meetings are held, and all members have access to internal and external training.
- Equal Opportunities and Family Friendly employment: FCSS aims to be an equal opportunities and family friendly employer. The post is open to job sharing.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer, are Living Wage accredited and Disability Confident Committed.