Kelvinside Academy Green Forest Nursery is a 64 place Early Years setting for children aged 1 - 5 years. We provide a nurturing, happy and safe place for every child in a environment which supports development, challenge and enables children to lead their own learning through exploring and curiosity. Our beautifully converted farm steading provides a bright and welcoming nursery environment where children are at the centre of everything we do. The nursery is nestled in 10 acres of private woodland where the children participate in outdoor learning where they can explore and develop their sense of curiosity.
We are looking for an Early Years Practitioners to become part of our wonderful team.
The successful candidate will:
· be a keyworker for a group of children.
· Observe, assess, and record the individual needs of children and use the results of observation and assessment to plan for the next steps in children’s development.
· provide regular updates, reports and work in partnership with parents.
· maintain children’s online journals and personal plans.
· work collaboratively as part of a staff team supporting each other and sharing practice.
· engage in rotational tasks to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
· undertake lunch supervision
· Have excellent working knowledge of Curriculum for Excellence Early Level, Realising the Ambition and Health and Social Care Standards.
* be committed to continuous professional development and engage in opportunities for training as part of the team and for your own personal development. There is also a programme of essential training annual as part of your induction.
Meet the qualification requirements as set out in SSSC required for an early years practitioner.
Salary will be according to qualifications and experience. Applicants should be registered, or eligible for registration, with the SSSC. They should also be, or eligible to become, a PVG Scheme member.
Application deadline: 30/04/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent