- Location: Port William Playgroup, c/o Port William Primary, DG8 9JX
- Rate: £17.00 - £18.00 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Term Time Full Time
- Hours: 27 hours per week
This position has expired.
Monday to Friday (Term time)
Minimum 27 hours a week
Minimum £17/hr dependent on experience & qualifications
Port William Playgroup is a well established setting, dedicated to delivering high quality Early Learning and Childcare for up to 24 children aged 3 - 5 years.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate professional to join our dedicated team.
The main responsibility of the role will be the efficient and effective management of all aspects of the playgroup, in line with our aims and objectives. As Manager, you will be fully responsible for the day-to-day running of the facility, ensuring the best opportunities for every child to learn and develop through the Curriculum for Excellence.
We are looking for a positive role model who is motivated, enthusiastic and displays strong leadership skills to deliver excellent Early Learning and Childcare.
The successful candidate will be:
- Required to register with SSSC at Manager/ Lead practitioner level for the day care of children’s service within six months of starting.
- Hold an HNC or SVQ Level 3 in childcare and hold or be willing to gain BA Childhood Practice or SQA Professional Development Award Childhood Practice (SCQF Level 9) or equivalent within five years. Support will be provided for any further study requirements.
- They will also be required to join the Protection of Vulnerable Group Scheme (PVG). We reserve the right to withdraw any job offer made regarding this position if scheme membership is not possible.
To apply please send CV to Kirsty McMaster
Closing date for applications:
Midday Friday 5th June
Port William Playgroup is registered with Care Inspectorate, Office of Scottish Charity Regulator and are members of Early Years Scotland