Pride & Joy Nursery
Senior Nursery Practitioner
We are a small but busy nursery. Our staff team are very welcoming and friendly and work well together for the benefit of the children. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hard working team member to join us. We require an experienced and confident individual to take on the role of Senior Nursery Practitioner. You should be qualified at least to SVQ level 4 or working towards this or a similar qualification. Our ideal candidate will be working towards completing their BA Childhood Practice or will already hold this qualification. We will also consider part-time applications.
Purpose of Post:
1. To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting.
2. To give direction and support to other staff within the setting and supervise their practice
3. To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
4. To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
Responsible to: Nursery Manager
· To effectively deliver the pre birth to three curriculum ensuring that the individual
needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team
· To ensure all staff within the 2-3 room are meeting the needs of children in the
setting and report any concerns to the manager
· To keep a record of resources and ensure all resources are used appropriately by
children and tidied away. Resources must be well organised at all times
· To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share
with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
· Supervise the safety of children at all times
· To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with
parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
· To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual
children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical
· To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of
the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
· To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff
meetings, fun days etc
· To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible
duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing
of equipment, etc.
· To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role
and the safe running of the setting.
· To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
· To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their
families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
· To be maintain the reputation of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times,
both in work hours and outside.
· To support nursery students/mentor other staff
· To manage staff time and ensure staff breaks are taken at a suitable time adhering
to minimum ratios at all times
· To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all
To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities as agreed with the manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000 per year
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30th of November 2022.