- 2a/3 Parkgrove Terr, G3 7SD
- £26,000.00 - £30,000.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 5 day per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Busy City centre/west end nursery has been established for over 25 years and has earned an excellent reputation for its high standard of professional childcare.
The Nursery is ideally situated in the busy West end of Glasgow and caters for 52 children 0 to 5 years.
The nursery is bright, warm and welcoming, well stocked with toys and equipment to stimulate the children in all areas of their development and new children settle in quickly.
We are keen to recruit a manager to lead our team and are seeking an individual who believes in high quality early learning and childcare.
Key duties will involve:
Our new manager will be someone who has a passion for:
· Must have experience and knowledge of 0 - 5 curriculum and how to lead improvements
· Leading a small team, carry out appraisals and support staff in CPD develop a training plan relevant to the needs of the nursery
· Engaging families in nursery life and supporting families through transitions and challenges
· Promoting positive mindsets
· Enriching the lives of young children
· Customer focus
· Continuous improvement
Nursery manager-To be considered for this opportunity:
You will need to be a dynamic individual that can demonstrate the ability to work to prioritise a busy workload
· Knowledge of local/national policies and guidance associated with Early Learning and Childcare (ELC)
· Working knowledge of ELC procedures and regulatory requirements
· Excellent working knowledge and ability to implement the Curriculum for Excellence, Pre-Birth to Three, Realising the Ambition and How Good Is Our Early Learning and Childcare
· Experience in leading a staff team, as well as the ability to support their learning and development
· Liaise with the Local Authority, Care Inspectorate and other agencies as required to meet partnership contractual arrangements with Glasgow City Council
· To ensure appropriate Quality Assurance systems are in place
· Applicants’ qualifications should be consistent with those required to register as a Manager with SSSC (e.g. BA Childhood Practice or PDA level 9).
· Managerial experience, either as an existing Manager or Deputy Manager is essential.
We will offer you:
· A positive working environment
· Induction and mentoring support.
· 30 day holiday allowance which increases during service to a max of 40 days
· The chance to grow with our evolving organisation through professional development opportunities.
· Generous Childcare Discounts
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent