- Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £20,182 - £21,606 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Location: Marischal College
Duration: 37 hours a week, Fixed-term to 31 August 2023
As part of the Capital Cluster within the Resources Function the purpose of this
role is to assist in providing a full architectural service under the guidance of an
The post holder will relate well to others and shall ask appropriate questions to
check understanding, listening objectively. They shall deal with customer
enquiries in a helpful and friendly manner. They shall take pride in their work
demonstrating a commitment to personal and professional growth.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- BSc or BA in Architecture or equivalent (RIBA Part 1)
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Sound knowledge of and proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet competing deadlines prioritising own workload as required.
- Ability to use analytical skills to process complex information and to produce creative solutions.
Please see Job Profile for further details
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
Flexible Working: We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
Disability Confident: We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information n relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
Armed Forces: We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme: We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs