- Altens East Recycling & Resource Facility, Hareness Place, Altens Industrial Estate, Aberdeen, AB12 3GX
- £21,626 - £24,204 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Location: Altens East Depot
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
07.00-15.00 Monday to Thursday and 07.00 - 14.30 Friday
About the role:
The post holder will undertake driving (LGV) duties of waste collection vehicles in compliance with work instructions and road safety legislation. To complete allocated daily routes and to supervise the crew allocated to the vehicle
Minimum Role Requirements:
Full current UK Driving Licence
Valid CPC Licence, Drivers Qualification Card and Digital Tachograph Card
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
Skills & experience in:
- Leading a team to achieve set tasks
- Communicating effectively both orally and in writing
- Understanding instructions given and delivering a high-quality service based on these
- Resolving issues and contributing to continuous improvement of service
- The legal requirements, constraints and compliances to drive a Large Goods Vehicle
- Health and Safety and safe working practices
- Complying with council policies, procedures and guidelines
- Respecting council equipment, premises and property
- Displaying a positive approach to work
- Showing respect for people at all levels
Please see Job Profile for further details
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs