- Milltimber School, Aberdeen, AB13 0DX
- £10.80 - £12.14 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 26 hours per week
This position has expired.
"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Location: Milltimber School
Duration: Part Time - 26 hours / Fixed Term - till 01/07/2022
To work within a team, assisting the Senior Early Years Practitioner and Early Years Practitioner in the planning and delivery of a flexible, high quality early learning and childcare service. Meet individual needs of children and their families, ensuring their wellbeing and improving outcomes for all service users.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
• SVQ Level 2 Social Services – children and young people at SCQF Level 6 (or willing to work towards)
• Registration with or eligibility to register with SSSC
• PVG Membership for Regulated work with Children or willingness to obtain prior to a formal offer of employment being made
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
• An enthusiasm for working with children 2-5 in an Early Learning and Childcare setting
• Ability to relate to children, parents, carers and other professional colleagues
• Experience of communicating effectively, including non-verbal, verbal and written forms of communication
• Awareness of the relationship between high quality services and the promotion of children’s learning and development
• Ability to undertake appropriate CPD relevant to the post
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs