- Manor Park School, Danestone Circle, Danestone, Aberdeen, AB16 7YB
- £13.67 - £15.57 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 22.2 hours per week
This position has expired.
"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Location: Manor Park School
Duration: Permanent / Part Time (22.2 h)
Possible working hours of post between 7.30am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
To work as an effective member of the nursery team, to deliver a flexible, high quality early learning and childcare service in order to meet the individual needs of children and their families ensuring their wellbeing and improving the outcomes for children and their families.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- HNC Early Education and Childcare /S/NVQ Level 3 Children’s Care and Development NNEB or equivalent
- Registration with or eligibility to register with SSSC
- PVG Membership for Regulated work with Children and/or Protected Adults or willingness to obtain prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Ability to relate to children, parents, carers and other professional colleagues.
- Ability to assess children’s development and to plan to extend their learning in a way that motivates children.
- Ability to communicate effectively. This will include non verbal, verbal and written forms of communication.
- A good observer and listener.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Create a supportive and nurturing ethos in which children are encouraged and supported to develop their self esteem, self confidence and respect for others
- As part of the pre-school team, use professional skills in the planning, implementing, assessing and evaluating of the early learning and childcare services.
- Observe and interact with children in order to support their learning and contribute to record keeping and reporting of children's progress.
- Attend to the care and health & safety needs of the children.
- Collaborate with others involved in children's learning and development (parents, carers, teaching staff, health visitors, etc.) at all times maintaining confidentiality.
- Keep abreast of current theory and practice by undertaking continuing professional development.
- Participate in all aspects of team work within the setting including professional development of students, preparation and care of resources, maintenance of cleanliness and hygiene and contributing to staff discussions.
The post holder needs to be able to demonstrate an understanding or experience of:
- The developmental needs of children from pre-birth to 8 years.
- The Getting it right for Every Child policy and procedures
- Protecting children
- Pre-birth to three Guidance
- Building the Ambition
- Curriculum for Excellence
- National Care Standards
Please see job profile for further information.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs