- Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £18,759 - £19,317 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Location: Marischal College
Duration: This is a fixed term post to 31 March 2022, with the potential to be extended dependent on funding.
This graduate internship is being offered as part of Aberdeen City Council's Young Person Guarantee commitment. It is available to graduates who are aged 24 or under, resident in the city, and who are not in education, formal training, or employment, or who are underemployed.
The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of a range of employability and economic development interventions as part of the Council's ABZWorks employability team.
The graduate intern will work to support the development and delivery of a Jobs and Skills Plan for Energy Transition in the Aberdeen area. The intern will work closely with colleagues in the City Growth Service and Skills Development Scotland, as well as with Community Planning Aberdeen and other partners to support development of this Plan and ensure that it, along with the Regional Skills Strategy and Regional Economic Strategy align with delivery of the Local Outcome Improvement Plan
Qualification at degree level
Demonstrate skills & experience in:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to research and write documents at a high level for partners
- Working to set deadlines
- Ability to work and think for self – using own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to prioritise work
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work with others and take instruction
- Use of IT systems
Demonstrate an understanding of:
- An awareness of the current economic and employment environment
- An awareness of inclusive economic growth
- An awareness of the move towards Net Zero and energy transition
Demonstrate commitment to:
- The principles and aims of Aberdeen City Council
- Continued professional development
- Partnership working
Please see Job Profile for further details
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs"