- Various Locations in Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £24,223 - £26,801 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Aberdeen City Wide
Duration: Permanent. Full Time
To carry out road inspections, input detailed information into computer systems and generate defects and repair orders. Inspect works on completion of repairs to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications. Inspection of Public Utility and Private Road Works
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Standard Grades or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence
The post holder must be prepared to:
- Work outside and on site in all weathers, on occasion
- Work outwith normal working hours where required.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate skills and experience in:
- Proven ability to use a range of computer-based systems including Office 365 packages and Microsoft Teams
- Proven ability to take a logical and analytical approach to solving problems
- Proven ability to analyse different types of data
- Experience managing competing demands/priorities
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to provide good administrative skills
See Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs