- Harlaw Academy, Aberdeen, AB10 1RG
- £13.94 - £15.88 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Harlaw Academy
Duration: Full time 37 hours per week, 41 weeks.
To manage, supervise and develop school financial and administrative support services in accordance with corporate and school procedures.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Good financial literacy
- Ability to lead a team
- High level of competency in IT
- PVG Membership for Regulated Work with Children and/or Protected Adults or, a willingness to obtain prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Manage, monitor and operate financial systems in accordance with corporate and school procedures
- Be responsible for the effective operation of the MIS system and other IT systems in accordance with school and corporate procedures
- Manage, monitor and support the school administrative support service and team.
- Be responsible for the safekeeping, accuracy and appropriate processing a variety of information, which is often of a sensitive and multi-agency nature.
- Undertake frontline reception duties as and when required
Please see job profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
• have a disability
• are care-experienced and aged 16-29
• are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
• have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
• are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs