- Quarryhill School, Aberdeen, AB16 5QT
- £34,189 - £39,057 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Location: Quaryhill School
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
The post holder will work alongside another senior, managing a team of 10 Early Years staff in a newly refurbished setting.
Please note that the interviews will take place within a week of the closing date.
About the role:
To work as part of the early learning and childcare team to take responsibility for the delegated organisation and management tasks required to plan and deliver the early
learning and childcare service for children and their families
To support the Early Years Practitioner, Pupil Support staff, Support Workers and students, to deliver a flexible, high quality early learning and childcare service in order to meet the individual needs of children and their families ensuring their wellbeing and improving the outcomes for children and their families using the service
• SCQF level 9 qualification, BA Childhood Practice or equivalent or experience in undertaking delegated duties and be willing to work toward the SCQF level 9 or equivalent qualification
• Registration with or eligibility to register with SSSC
• PVG Membership for Regulated work with Children or willingness to obtain prior to a formal offer of employment being made
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
Skills & Experience in:
Ability to relate to children, parents, carers and other professional colleagues
Ability to assess children’s development and to plan to extend their learning in a
way that motivates children.
Ability to communicate effectively. This will include non verbal, verbal and written
forms of communication.
A good observer and listener
The developmental needs of children from pre-birth to 8 years
The Getting it Right for Every Child policy and procedures
Birth to three Guidance
Realising the Ambition: Being Me
Curriculum for Excellence
Health and Social Care Standard
Child Protection training
GDPR online training
Please see job profile for further details
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
• have a disability • are care-experienced and aged 16-29
• are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
• have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
• are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs